Is there anything better than a gooey chocolate chip cookie?
These cookies are an indulgent treat and are sure to go down well at home!
Serves: 8 – 10
Cooking Time: 12 minutes
We used the Dualit Hand Mixer to make these cookies.
- 1 and 3/4 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 cup of light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 1 large egg and 1 large egg yolk
- 1 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of unsalted butter
- 1 cup of chocolate chips or chopped up pieces of your favourite chocolate bar
- Preheat oven to 180°c.
- Add flour, salt and baking soda into a medium sized bowl then set it aside.
- Melt the butter.
- Add sugar, vanilla extract and melted butter into a large bowl. Mix together using the Hand Mixer with Flat Beaters until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and egg yolk and beat into the mixture.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the large bowl and continue to mix together.
- Using a wooden spoon fold the chocolate chips into the dough.
- Scoop the cookies onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet in tablespoon sized mounds.
- Bake in the oven for 12-14 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.
DUALIT PRODUCT USED
These cookies created using the Flat Beater attachments. See the complete Hand Mixer set below which also comes with Dough Hooks and a Balloon Whisk.