These Fruit and Nut Balls are a great recipe to make with the kids (and a sneaky way of getting some of their 5-a-day in!)
They don't require any cooking either, so why not give it a go?
Makes: 12 - 14
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
This quick and easy recipe will make a tasty treat for the kids.
- 80g dried apricots
- 50g of chopped nuts (whatever you have)
- 50g raisins
- Zest of 1 orange and/or lemon
- 140g of chocolate (white or milk)
- 60g desiccated coconut (coating)
- 50g icing sugar (coating)
- Dried raspberry/strawberry (coating)
- Line a tray with greaseproof paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Put coatings onto flat plates (one per plate).
- Put the apricots and raisins into the Hand Blender Chopping Bowl and very finely chop.
- Take the blade out and mix in the nuts and zest.
- Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- Stir in the mixture from the Chopping Bowl.
- Roll mixture into 12-16 balls.
- Roll the balls in the desiccated coconut, icing sugar or dried fruit to coat.
DUALIT PRODUCT USED
These delicious fruit and nut balls were created using the Hand Blender chopper bowl. See the complete Hand Blender set below which also comes with a blending wand attachment, whisk attachment and a 1L jug.