Great for kids (and adults too!) these fairy cakes taste delicious and provide a great base to decorate with icing, sprinkles, choc
chips or fresh fruit!
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
We used the Dualit Hand Mixer to make these delicious fairy cakes.
- 110g softened butter
- 110g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 110g self raising flour
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 200g very soft butter
- 200g icing sugar
Ingredients (for a buttercream topping)
- Heat the oven to 190c / 170c fan or gas mark 4.
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl and use the Hand Mixer with Flat Beaters to mix together- start on a slow speed then medium.
- Beat together for a couple of minutes then scrape down the sides and beat again for another couple of minutes or until thoroughly mixed.
- Put paper cases in a cupcake tray and spoon the mixture into the cases.
- Bake in the oven for 20 -25 minutes until risen and golden - they should spring back after lightly pressing.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and when completely cold they are ready to decorate.
- For the buttercream beat together the butter and sugar till light and fluffy, adding food colouring if you like.
- Spoon onto each cake or pipe on using an icing bag.
- Top with fresh raspberries/sprinkles/chocolate flake/jelly sweets or anything to hand!
- Try using an icing made with 160g of icing sugar and vanilla extract as an alternative to the butter cream
DUALIT PRODUCT USED
These Fairy Cakes were created using the Flat Beater attachments. See the complete Hand Mixer set below which also comes with dough hooks and a balloon whisk.